What is SproutCMS 3.0?
- What is SproutCMS 3.0?
SproutCMS is a flexible and feature rich application framework, enabling quick and agile custom development. SproutCMS was built to reward innovation and encourage developers to produce complex applications. It is built by developers, for developers.
Core development features underlying the SproutCMS framework include:
- VC framework
- Robust and thoroughly tested security models
- Multi-site support
- Multi-device support
- Custom SQL PDO wrapper
- Detailed task logging
- Query logging
- Exception remapping
- Automated events and background processing
- Transaction support along with detection of nested transactions
- Support for prepared queries
- Support for unit test suites
Content Management System Features
Out of the box SproutCMS is a highly featured and intuitive content management system.
Features include, but are not limited to:
- Custom operator permissions: create operator groups with pre-defined permissions governing what they can do within your CMS. Permissions can be set at a website, module or even individual piece of content level.
- Workflow approval on content: group permissions to allow for an approval process when launching and editing web page content.
- Manage website content: add, delete and edit text, links, news articles, image and video galleries, documents and files. Safely paste content from Microsoft Word to maintain paragraph and character styles. You can even import a Word Document and SproutCMS converts it straight to a web page or even a whole section, presto!
- Manage multiple websites: easily switch between the management of your websites and create content unique for each, or even share a single piece of content with all of your websites.
- Full page management: add, delete, rename and reorder web pages. Assign web pages to a parent page. Change the visibility of a web page for public viewing. Add metadata, redirects, template styles and more.
- Page revisions: easily revert to a previous version of a web page. See the dates modified and which employee edited the live and all previous page versions.
- Auto launch and expiry dates: set and forget content to go live (or be removed) with autolauch revisions.
- Stale page content warnings: set a date to receive an alert to re-check the validity of your content on any page.
- Page saving modes: save and go live, save as a work in progress, save for approval to launch, save for autolaunch.
- Content Addons: customise web page content with a range of Addons such as articles, audio players, content blocks, HTML code blocks, image galleries, link lists, maps, sitemaps, social media blocks and video players.
- Advanced file manager: quickly upload pdf, doc, xls files. Easily manage the whereabouts of files with categories in the Media Repository.
- Advanced image manager: easily upload jpg, gif and png images one at a time or in bulk. Auto image re-sizing is undertaken on the fly, auto-creating up to 3 different sizes of your image to ensure that you will always have an appropriate size.
- Create password protected areas: with the addition of the Users module you are able to create password protected pages and sections on your website.
- Advanced site-wide search: search for content by content type (pages, articles, documents, etc) or tag.
- Advanced document search: index content directly from pdf and other document types to allow your visitors to search within your documents.